Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cuteness inspired by the pump. :)

Brandan has a blue Animas Ping he calls his Spider-Man pump and green infusion sets he calls his Hulk. Suddenly, everything he gets has to be blue or green, or both to match. From his Medic Alert bracelet, shoes and accessories, to toys. He has 2 pump packs right now and he's anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Buzz Lightyear pack "he" ordered. He has collected a few coins that he carries inside of one of his packs. We used the EZmanager software to download the tune "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to his pump for alerts and warnings.

We went to Wal-Mart with my mom the other day. This Wal-Mart has a McDonald's in it. Even though it was only 10:30 in the morning, Brandan insisted that he was "hungry for lunch" and asked my mom to get him a Happy Meal. My mom jokingly asked him if he had any money. His face lit up, "Yeah!" But then he looked disappointed when he lifted up his shirt. He said, "It's the wrong pack, I don't have any money. Can I have yours money?!"

When he saw his pediatrician he impressed her with his knowledge of the pump. She didn't even ask, but he explained to her how it works. "My Spider-Man pump has insulin in it and the insulin goes through the tube and into my Hulk and in my belly and it gives me insulin ALL THE TIME and mama pushes a bolus when I eat." Amazing. So, when we saw his endo I bragged that he knows all about his pump and she asked him what it does. He told her, "It plays Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!"

He's gotten to the point where when I call him "baby" he gets defensive because he's a "big boy" now. I slipped up one day and called him baby. I got a lecture! "I not a baby, I a big boy, I big and tall and I have a insulin pump!"

No comments:

Post a Comment