Saturday, March 19, 2011

Brandan's Angel

Do I believe in angels? Yes and No. I don't know if there are Heaven sent, celestial beings here on Earth. What I do know is that Brandan has an angel.

When I get the urge to check his blood sugar for no obvious reason and find it to be low or high; that's Brandan's Angel.

When I wake during the night and get the feeling that I should get up for an unscheduled check and find him sweating in his bed and/or unable to wake easily; that's Brandan's Angel.

There are times that Brandan's Angel wakes me to find a not-so-high or not-so-low number. The angel gets me there in time to stop a bad situation from getting worse. Sometimes everything stays okay. I don't get mad at the angel. Better safe than sorry.

I've been listening to Brandan's Angel for years now. I never ignore it.

I've only recently learned to trust it when it tells me he's alright.

I was trying to stay up one recent night to check his blood sugar at midnight. I fell asleep and woke up at 11:30. I was so tired that I asked to Brandan's Angel if I needed to get up. The angel told me he would be safe for this night. And he was.

I don't hear Brandan's Angel. I feel it. I feel it everytime Brandan needs me. Now, I'm learning to feel it when he doesn't. Brandan's Angel is unseen, unheard, always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment