Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Epiphany!

"Not again! Not again! I'm done!" That's the plea Brandan gave me when I was trying to give him his Humalog. Suddenly I fugured it out. He only gets upset about it when his sugar is high, in this case it was over 300. He doesn't seem to mind having diabetes, he's usually OK with getting insulin, checking his sugar is just a thing to him. So these fights we have, it's just a 3 year old being ill because he doesn't feel good. Even though I know he doesn't feel good because he has diabetes, this realization has strangely made me feel better. Seriously, when he's in that mood he'll fight about anything. So I shouldn't feel any worse because he happens to be fighting about insulin. I think a little weight has just lifted off my shoulders

No comments:

Post a Comment